7.13.2008

Top Ten Most Hated Players


Its the dog days of summer. There is nothing to write about, except baseball. (Don't worry once SagiNasty gets off his ass, we will have a baseball story). So, I thought I would put together a top ten list. So here is a list of my top ten most hated athletes.

10. James Posey- Heat Days.
This isn't so much hate for Posey as it is for Pat Riley. Has anyone made the game of basketball more ugly than Mr. Riley? After leaving the Lakers, he went on a "I am going to make basketball ugly" campaign by asking his less talented players to beat the shit out of the opposing team. After his NY Knicks days he took that act to Miami. And in Miami, after playing GM, Coach, GM, and then Coach asked James Posey to be the new Bill Lambeer. Posey, the dog that he is, then went and literally beat up Kirk Hinrich and every Bulls player going for an open layup in the 2006 season.

9. Kobe Bryant
Kobe is the best player in the NBA (right now). He plays hard, plays good defense, is unstoppable in stretches and is otherwise a well-spoken person. Basically, he has all the traits that I like about a basketball player. So why do I hate him? I don't know, I just do. Its the same kind of hate you feel for the opposing presidential candidate (i.e. H. Clinton). You can't articulate it, but its just there. And Kobe is just there, sitting with his ugly slant face in the "hate" section of my cerebral cortex.

8. That Packers DE who randomly picked up Jim McMahon and dumped him on his shoulder.
Evidently back then league rules allowed NFL players to wear a towel listing QBs that "you were going to kill" on the playing field. I know McMahon wasn't Elway, but he was the best we had. I think Steve Fuller or Mike Tomzack came in the game after that starting the end of Bears football as we know it.

7. Sammy Sosa.
Not because of the obvious steroid issue, but because of his stupid thing he did after each home run.

6. The entire Minnesota Vikings.
This should be the Packers, but its the Vikings who always beat us up in the 90's. I hate their purple colors, their use of a Dome, and Chris Carter.

5-3. The Detroit Pistons, especially Isiah Thomas, Dennis Rodman (pre-bulls), Bill Lambeer, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshawn Prince, Chuck Daly, and Ben Wallace.
Isiah Thomas- Will be most remembered for being a sore loser and not shaking the hands' of Bulls players. And oh yeah, for being a terrible GM and coach.
Dennis Rodman- For being Dennis Rodman (Pre-Bulls mind you. Loved him as a Bull)
Bill Lambeer- Do I even have to state a reason?
Joe Dumars- I actually like Dumars. But he is guilty by association. Thus, I hate him.
Chauncy Billups. Chauncey acts like he is entitled to something. He just seems so cocky for someone who really isn't that great. He can hit a great shot or two in pressure situations, but he doesn't make anyone on his team better, which for a point guard is incriminating.
Rip Hamilton- Ugly, rat looking corn row with unnecessary facial mask. Enough said.
Tayshawn Prince- Dead man walking. A very underrated player, but again I hate him by association.
Chuck Daly- Along with Pat Riley, no one has made the NBA game uglier than Mr. Daly.
Ben Wallace- Failed attempt as Bulls player. Worst basketball player to ever play.

2. Lebron James because he isn't the King.
This is unfair because James is a good player. But he is overrated. If you were an immigrant coming to America and turned on to watch the NBA, the only logical conclusion you could make is that LeBron James is the Father, the Son, and the Basketball spirit. NEver has anyone accomplished so little, and been given so much. So this hate is more about the NBA and its marketing of unproven players than Lebron.

1. Bob Knight and Mike Ditka.
Arrogant, rude, crude, asshole, disrespectful, hypocritical, not knowing when to quit, egomaniac. These terms adequately describe these two men. Worse, stupid people love to categorize them as role models. I know this, if I had a basketball prodigy son, I would never allow them to play for Mr. Bobby Knight. Moreover, if I were an NFL owner or TV executive I would never hire Mr. Ditka.

No comments: