2.27.2009

Rest In Peace


Stormin Normin and Red are now gone. They will be missed. Norm added levity and critical analysis to later Bulls runs. Red was the Bulls. I'll never forget the time I-truth and I saw Norm at a Bulls game. We screamed like little school children from about 20 yards awaw, "NORM!". He turned, smiled wide, and raised his right hand in a huge fist pump. We didn't know him, but you just knew he would be the coolest and nicest guy in the room.

As for Red, he seemed just as important to those 6 championships as the guys actually playing. I loved the fact that he was a homer. Just as I cried when the Bulls lost to those hated Pistons teams, you could tell it hurt Red even more.

Both guys bled red and white. And they wore their emotions on their sleeves (especially Norm). It will be difficult watching Bulls' games without them.

Two Chicago greats are gone. May they rest in peace.

No comments: