4.03.2009

Jay Cutler is our Quarterback!

When first hearing this news, by immediate reaction was: "Haha, no way. April fools was yesterday. No way the Bears pull that kind of trade. You can't fool me." As I kept on prodding my friend for the truth, the dream started to become a reality. After I made him swear on his mother's life, and he did, I couldn't believe it. Standing in line at the local grocery store, I kept yelling, "Oh my god, oh my god! Are you serious! I can't believe it! My reaction was similar to that Heinekin commercial with the guys screaming as they opened the walk-in closet full of Heinekin Beers. I wanted to hug the lady in line and scream at the top of my lungs, "WE GOT JAY CUTLER"! The Chicago Bears, and yes, Jerry Angelo, just made possibly the greatest trade EVER in this history of Chicago sports. Here are more of my thoughts!.

1. Forget whatever I've said the past year or so on this blog, I LOVE YOU JERRY ANGELO! Like that stupid movie in theaters, let's have a bromance.

2. Sure we overpaid for Cutler. But as I said before, desperate times call for desperate measures. Not since the days of Sid Luckman have we had a franchise QB (And sorry, I liked McMahon, but he wasn't a franchise QB. He was hurt more than Mike Brown during his Bears' career). By adding Cutler, the Chicago Bears now have a franchise QB. We've been searching for this, well, since forever. So well done. Whatever it takes to get the trade down works here.

3. Denver, have fun with your QB competition featuring Orton and Chris Simms. Welcome to our world!

4. Somehow through out all of this, people have given Kyle Orton a lot more credit than he deserves. LEt me make this clear, KYLE ORTON SUCKS. Sure he's nice and can make smart short passes. But he can't throw the ball with accuracy past 30 yards.

5. Which get's me to another point, Devin Hester finally has someone who won't underthrow him by 10 yards. I am still not sold as DH as a #1, but he will be much better with Cutler throwing the ball.

6. Mike Schlereth, Rock Hoover, go floss yourself.

7. For the first time in a long time, it's nice to see national media members recognize that the Chicago Bears exist. NFL Live, Sportscenter, Mike and Mike are all talking about Cutler and the Bears. And it makes me smile. Peter King might even talk about us! Actually I bet he gets on the phone with his east coast buddies like Dan Snyder and asks why they didn't top the Bears offer.

8. I am going to get tickets this year. This wasn't happening 24 hours ago.

9. The Orlando Pace trade was amazing. JA knows what he is doing. So I scratch him off the list. He's fine. Lovie Smith? It's on you now.

10. Lastly, while I think the trade is the greatest ever, the Bears are still a project. Dont' get upset if we don't immediately turn it around. Remember we have a franchise QB now. If all else fails, don't worry, we still have a QB. Never thought I would say that.

Oh and if you still feel like you will miss Kyle. Look at this video from mouthpiece sports. Just look at his hair. How do you support a guy like this?


No comments: