10.08.2008

Chicago Bulls: Tyrus Thomas Analysis



Its weird because I am totally in football mode right now, especially since the Bears are okay. So its hard to get into the Bulls this soon. But their season is coming up here in less than a month. Since I can't do a full team preview because any analysis would be completely useless right now, I am going to give player previews starting this week. This week....

TY THOMAS: If nothing more the song (and dunks) in the video will get you motivated for basketball. I have to admit I'm a sucker for Thomas. I love his athleticism, his insane hops, his quick twitch ability that allows him to jump 3 times in a row, before the opposing player can even land on his first jump. He's a freak. But, just like every project/potential player who has been hyped by the Bulls (Eddie Curry, Chandler), I just can't give him my seal of approval just yet. He's inconsistent, young, can't shoot past 10 feet, and a little too small to play PF. He also has no post moves. Seriously, NO POST MOVES. How do these college players keep on coming into the league as centers or PFs having no post moves? Do college coaches coach?

Alright, back to message. With the caveat's above, I'm still pretty exciting about Thomas. The Sun-Times's story today explained how he has beefed up and matured. I hope so, because he could be a real difference maker on a team void of real athletes. I get giddy just thinking about Rose to Thomas connections ending in great dunks.
----
Mental: C+ (he is still a kid who needs to mature)
Physical: A- (a little too small, lets hope reports on him getting bigger have come true).
Skill Set: C+ (hasn't found a consistent jumper or post moves)
Will to win: NA (we have no idea right now)
Potential: Great
Overall Grade: B

No comments: