1.21.2009

Bobby Simmons to the Bulls? So long to Larry Hughes?

The Sun-Times is reporting that the Bulls are close to a deal sending Larry Hughes to NJ, in exchange for Bobby Simmons. Wow..... We're back on that championship trail now!

It's still early before the trade deadline, so I will cut Paxson some slack. But, if his only idea of a trade is Hughes for Simmons, then his managerial skills are worse than I thought. Hughes for Simmons is like returning that ugly Christmas sweater for an even uglier pair of socks. It makes no difference. We still have front court problems. Paxson's exchanging a crowded back court for crowded play time at the SF position (Deng, Nocioni and Simmons).

To be overly critical, call me when you attempt to trade Hinrich and Deng or even Tyrys, Gooden or Noah for a big name player. Heck, I'd be happy with trading the entire team except for Derick Rose.

P.S. Not that I am a Larry Hughes fan, but I would be kind of upset if I was him. Hinrich and Tabo get more PT time than him? Gordon's only better because he's younger. Anyway, I would be pissed off if I played behind Captani Kangaroo, Tabo and Gordon.

P.S.S. During the stretch, Del Negro fielded a lineup of Rose, Gordon, Hinrich, Deng and Noah last night. We were playing with 3 point guards. How is this a recipe for sucess? When has the 3 point guard lineup ever worked for an NBA team? Is he just making this shit up as he goes? As Coach Green would say, "Del Negro is what we thought he is". (Read an amateur).

No comments: