9.02.2008

Chicago Bears 2008 Season Predictions


The season is just a few days away, so its prediction time. Here is a game-by-game prediction of the Bears Season.

1. @ Colts: 0-1. It always seems like the Bears start the season on the road and/or playing against a good opponent. Whether its away at Baltimore (year after they won the SB), San Diego last year, or Colts this year, why does this great franchise always have to start with an away game? And this year, the Bears not only go to Indy on the road, but its the opener for their new stadium. I dislike Colts fans and their basketball like stadium feel (why do you need a dome in Indy?), but that place will be rocking.

2. @ Panthers: 1-1. I actually think the Bears go in here and pull out a win. Steve Smith's out, Delhomme's arm is gone, and I think Devin Hester wins the game with a PR/KR touchdown.

3. BUCCANEERS: 2-1. I like the Bears chances against Jeff Garcia. I just don't see this team being an elite team. Bears D dominates and we run the ball on them.

4. EAGLES 7: 2-2. McNab seems to relish playing in Chicago. Our Defense can't stop him and Orton gets run over with Eagles blitzing.

5. @ Lions: 2-3. Its tough to put down an L here, but I feel like Detroit's got our number on the road.

6. @ Falcons: 3-3. Well, they are the Falcons.

7. VIKINGS: 3-4. Best all-around team in the NFC North. They can run the ball and stop the run. Isn't that the blueprint for NFC North winning football?

8. LIONS:: 4-4. This is a must win game. If we lose to the Lions at home, we might as well pack our bags.

9. TITANS: 5-4. I've never liked running quarterbacks. Why do you need a running QB, when you have running backs on your team? I like athletic QBs, but you got to throw the ball to be a good QB in this league. It will be a close game. I think Bears win it by a field goal. (Again, Devin Hester runs back a PR/KR).

10. @ Packers: 5-5. Ugh. Even without Favre, the Pack gets it done.

11. @ Rams: 6-5. I don't like the Rams. I don't think they are going to have a good year.

12. @ Vikings: 6-6. Again, too tough on the OL/DL lines.

13. JAGUARS: 6-7. I think this will be a close one, but Jaguars are great at winning close games.

14. SAINTS: 7-7. I just think we have the Saints #.

15. PACKERS: 8-7. In a nice surprise, we beat the Packers.

16. @ Texans: 8-8. In an even worse surprise, we lose to the Texans ending our season.

Final Thoughts: Before I started this I thought the Bears were headed for a 5 or 6 win season. But the Bears are playing some pretty mediocre teams (Atlanta, Rams, Lions, Bucs). 8-8 is probably their ceiling, but you never know.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was at their games.. Seeing it on the Tv set wasnt really as exciting..
Being there with adrenaline fully pumped into your vains really tells a lot about how much love we really have for the game. I guess its in our hearts to feel the players pain, the players game, and as a fan hope to make it to fame.. :)