9.30.2008

TMT's

This week's theme------- Random.

1. The ESPN army for Monday Night countdown went on and on about Mendenhall stating that he was going to have a good game against Baltimore and how that would upset Baltimore. They then proceeded to play a clip of Bart Scott getting upset that Mendenhall said he would have a good game against Baltimore.

First, what is Mendenhall supposed to say? "I think I am going to have a bad game". Secondly, enough with the bulletin board material shit that teams love using. How big are these bulletin boards? Because it seems almost everything said by any opposing player could be used as bulletin board material these days. Lastly, it doesn't matter what someone says. Just like you can never take to heart what a middle east politician says about anything, you can't take to heart what an NFL, NBA, MLB, etc., player says about anything. Honestly, if Chad Ocho Cinco guarantees a victory before a game, does that mean anything? Would we listen to him if he said that he found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

2. Buffalo and Tennessee are either a) not going to the playoffs are b) destined for a first game exit in the playoffs.

3. Baltimore/Pittsburgh makes you feel like its 1912 again and they just invented the forward pass.

4. When your fantasy team goes 1-3, you start to convince yourself that fantasy football is stupid and a waste of time. Thus, I think that fantasy football is a waste of time.

5. There is nothing more annoying than watching your favorite football team play with a close friend, who constantly yells and screams because his fantasy football player just scored a touchdown, while your douche bag QB of your beloved team just threw an interception. I'm not into the whole man rules thing, but I do think there should be a moratorium on rooting for fantasy players while watching your home team play. Just saying I-truth.

6. Bret Favre is a peace of f'n shit. I hope he breaks a hip. I thought I was through with that Levis wearing bastard after he left the Packers. But no, 6 f'n TDs against my fantasy team. How on earth does he go from shitty and crippled in one week, to throwing 6 TDs (a career best) the next week. On that note, the Cardinals should be banished from the NFL. They should take the approach that European futbol leagues take. The worst teams get relegated to college football and the best two from college get elevated to the NFL. Take out the Cardinals and Bengals and give me Ohio State and USC. Wouldn't that be more enjoyable?

7. Kyle Orton is disgusting. Physcially, mentally and as a player.

8. Tony Romo is starting to make me wonder whether he is a good QB. I still think he is though. I think when you have to try to throw the ball to one WR, it just messes you up. 17 pass attempts to TO, with only 7 completions. 10 attempts and 7 completions to Whitten. I just don't think you can force these things.

9. Lat week I thought I had a draft day steal with the ascension of Mendenhall (i.e. injury to Willie Parker). Today? Seriously, nothing is going well for me in Fantasy.

10. Mat Millen is gone. Thats a good start. When are they going to fire the rest of the owners, coaches and players?

2 comments:

SagiNasty Bag said...

Favre wears Wranglers, not Levi's. Get your jeans right sucker.

DaChiFan said...

Sorry. But does it make a difference?