9.18.2008

Chicago Bears vs. Tampa Bay: Don't let Brian Griese Beat You

In my gmail chat with I-Truth this morning, he left me with some immortal words, "The Bears cannot let Brian Griese beat them". Oh dear god, what if Brian Griese and the Bucs beat us Sunday?

I know Griese isn't a terrible QB. Its not like he's Tim Rattay, Alex Smith, or Kyle Orton (just had to throw that last one in there). He's just a notch below average. But there's something about him that just screams, incompetent, sort of arrogant, not that good at passing- QB. I don't know, all I am saying is that we can't lose to a Brian Griese led Bucs team. We're at home, our home opener, playing an okay team led by an average QB. Seriously, Bears don't f'in lose to Brian Griese (as if the Bears read this).

Anyway, I'm not into predictions like the morons on TV and papers who couldn't out-predict a monkey, so here are my thoughts on the game.

1. Bears D, please hurt or damage Brian Griese. I hope the defense continues its aggressive strategy of crowding the line and giving the QB different looks. Its worked pretty well. Stick with it.

2. Give the ball to Mathew Garrett Forte (Forte is spelled with an accento over the e. This is just cool. Maybe his nickmame should just be accento, not as an accent, but like ascension? So Ascento. Hmm, I'll try it for this post. Ascento needs to get his carries, but stay fresh. I think we used him a little too much last week. I hope they insert Kevin Jones for one or two more series, just to keep Ascento fresh.

3. Once Ascento tears up the Bucs D, use the play-action pass and hit (insert no-name WR here) for a deep pass or two. If Orton is QB, we got to stick to the running game, but we have to make them fear the long pass. I figure that if Jim Miller could throw the long ball, so can Kyle Orton.

4. Devin Hester. Or as I like to call him, DH or our Designated Hero. If he's hurt, let him rest. I'd rather see him fully healthy than play half-hurt. But if he's ready to go, I say we use him more in our offense. What, are we afraid we'll take playing time away from Rashid Davis? Marty Booker? Go all out with the guy. What else do we have to lose.

Alright, thats all I really got. Its the Bucs for crying out loud.

No comments: