11.04.2008

Tuesday Morning Thoughts: Election Day

Our theme for this Tuesday? Elections. Here we go.

1. Who's mentally insufficient, rude, lazy, and has no sense of time? The guy working your local election day polling place. As George Costanza couldn't say, "We'll, oh yeah, the mental hospital called, and evidently they're out of retards".

2. If I had to elect the hardest hitting team in football, hands down I would vote for the Pittsburgh Steelers defense. Both teams in fact (Redskins) we're just laying pipe down last night on MNF. If I was playing the Steelers defense, I would have faked some kind of injury.

3. Lets see Judge X is up for election. I have no idea who Judge X is. But whew, I really like his last name. It must be irish. Wheww. I'll vote for him.

4. If I had to elect the most incompetent head coaches in the NFL, I would vote for one of the following people. The guy who's now coaching the raiders, Rod Marinelli and Herman Edwards. I'm pretty sure I vote Edwards.

5. If I had a vote as to who we trade from the Bulls and the nominees are: Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, and Larry Hughes. I would elect to trade all of them. Luol Deng scored 1 point last night. One f'n point.

6. If I could vote for the worst fantasy football team ever, I would vote for the Fantasy Club (F.C.) Goners.

7. If I could vote for the best alternative sports related website, (not including this one of course), I vote for the Big Lead, simply because of their babe pictures.

8. If I could vote for best mainstream sports related website? I vote SI.com. They got Extra Mustard (see point 7 for a reason why), better writers (Sorry Scoop Jackson, I would rather read Mariotti), and just an easier layout. Plus, they don't have Scoop Jackson.

9. If I could vote for best .com writer and the nominees are: Bill Simmons, Reily, Peter King (ugh), and Jason Whitlock. I think I go Bill Simmons b/c the Patriots aren't good now. I still like a little Whitlock every now and then. Reily is nice, but only once a week. Peter King sucks.

10. If I could vote for my all time Bears team, I would lineup the following players:
QB: Orton (Seriously, there is no one else. Maybe Erik Kramer? Grossman? McMahon really wasn't good. Sid L. was too old.
RB: Walter Peyton backed up by Neal Anderson. Sorry Sayres, I'm too young.
WR: Willie Gault (God we had shitty WRs also) and Marty Booker (Oh my lord, our best WRs are Willie Gault and MArty Booker.). Scratch that, I'll add Devin Hester instead.
DL: Richard Dent, Tommie Harris, Dan Hampton, Fred Washington.
LB: Briggs, Singletary, and Otis Wilson.
Crs: Vasher and Tillman (I just can't think of anyone else)
Safety: Mike Brown and Gary Fencik
K: Butler
P: Maynard

11. Bulls you ask? PG: Derrick Rose, SG: Michael Jordan, SF: Scottie Pippen, PF: Horace Grant, C: Cartwright, with my 6th man being, Kukoc. That was a whole lot easier.

No comments: