3.05.2009

Dallas Cuts TO and I Don't Care

I should make this an annual column, but until then I'll just write the following. They represent items that almost always grab the media's attention, require unnecessary amount of analysis, for an enormous amount of time, for an issue I just don't care about.

1. TO does anything and I don't care. Can we just be done with the TO thing? Sure he's talented, but he really hasn't done anything the past two seasons. He is the new Mike Tyson where any public stunt attracts attention and elevates his persona despite his diminishing skills. TO epitomizes the any news is good news world.

2. Dallas Cowboys do anything and I don't care. Honestly, stop it with the Cowboys hysteria. I get it, Jerry Jones is a crazy guy who spends money. Can we just move on.

3. Famous baseball player X, took steroids and I don't care. This shouldn't surprise anyone anymore. Selig, the owners and the union allowed the steroid era to save baseball (yes, I said it). When you have no system to test Steroids up until 2004, don't be surprised if your athletes take steroids to get better.

4. Anything to do with NASCAR- I just don't care. It's not a sport, it's not even racing. I guess you can call it "drifting". If you only drive in a circle with an incline that prevents you from driving off the track, you are not racing. Racing requires you to enter and exit tight corners. Only in America can we make something that is actually interesting into a stupid event.

5. Tiger Woods. It's Tiger, Tiger Woods yall and I don't care. I respect Golf because it's an impossible game to play. But, I just don't care. One guy with some athleticism has managed to beat a bunch of old white guys in a game that up until a few decades ago was only played by old white men. (The Golf course across the street from where I grew up, wouldn't let any non-white people play there. And this was in the 90s. And I say this as a Caucasian).

6. The Bears sign Frank Omiyale, Israel Idonije and the Fake Adrien Peterson and I don't care.

7. Bob Knight (insert other A-hole coaches) are really, deep down great guys and I don't care. They are assholes. Can we get Knight off of my TV screen so I don't have to listen to his garbage.

8. Lebron James is awesome and I don't care. Wake me up when he wins something.

9. Peter King says X player should be in the Hall of Fame and I don't care. Why am I listening to you? (Well I must admit I do read your MMQB every week).

10. Spring Training and I don't care.

No comments: