3.31.2009

Tuesday Morning Thoughts: Keeping it Short

1. I am pretty confident that the Chicago Bears will be terrible next year.


2. On a scale of 1-10, I am at 6 with my excitement for the Bulls’ playoff games. I am starting to like the strong bench with Brad Miller and Tim Thomas, the energy of Ty and Noah and the ability of Salmons. But, then again they will likely lose in 5 to the Cavs or Celtics.


3. I am overly impressed with Blake Griffin.


4. I am totally unimpressed with any of the remaining players on the final four teams. Thabeet is too slow and has no post game. Ty Lawson is okay. I like the corn-row guy on U-Con. But, I just don’t see any excellent players.


5. A lot of Gisselle Bunchen lately. Which is nice.


6. Just bought a Tivo HD system to replace the shitty Comcast DVR receiver. I feel free.


7. Falling in love with Dan Patrick again due to his live podcasts on SI. No homo of course.


8. Looking forward to Fogo De Chao. Thanks SagiNasty.


9. I think I need to write another update on the Vinny Del Negro rating’s scale. I think he’s back up to being a mediocre/average coach. Having better players sure does help.


10. I am still on the Tyrus Thomas and Y. Noah wagon. They are what we thought they were. Good players who won’t win you a championship by themselves but are still great to have.


11. On that note, still not overly sold on Ben Gordon. I love this instant offense, but it’s too difficult playing defense with Rose and him on the floor at the same time. I’d like to see Salmons at the two, with BG coming off the bench. However, this would require us to play Luol “MIA” Deng.


12. I hope UConn. goes down just like my alma matter, IU went down. How on earth is it okay to have a student manager on your team who is also an NBA sports’ agent? Too many text messages? Terrible. Your student manager is the agent for Rip Hamilton? No problem.


13. This is Lebron James’ world and we are just living in it.


14. Despite my disgust at the media’s love affair with Lebron, I am impressed with his team-oriented focus. He often will make the simple pass and trust his teammates.


15. Still not sold on Cleveland winning the title. If Boston can get healthy, I still go with them. Same with the Lakers if Bynum can get healthy. I also wouldn’t be surprised by a Spurs run. They’ve never gone back to back, but they often go, Championship, playoff loss, Championship. But Manu may be too hurt.


16. I am pretty sure that David Stern would give away his left lung for an NBA finals matchup of Kobe vs. Lebron.


17. Not excited for the baseball season.


18. I enjoy the Heineken commercial with the girls walk-in closet, followed by the guys Heineken refrigerator walk-in.


19. Winter refuses to give up. Let it go. Seriously.


20. Stay in Memphis.


21. I miss MJ. Watch this clip below. (forgotten Game 1 vs. Celtics in playoffs (i.e. not the 63 point game, just 49 points). Start watching at the 1 min. mark.






No comments: